Space frame or space structure is a truss-like, lightweight rigid structure constructed form interlocking struts in a geometric pattern. Space frames usually utilize a multidirectional span, and are often used to accomplish long spans with few supports. They derive their strength from the inherent rigidity of the triangular frame; flexing loads (bending moments) are transmitted as tension and compression loads along the length of each strut.
ADVANTAGES OF SPACE FRAME SYSTEMS
* It is possible to cover spans until large span without column by using space frame systems.
* They provide a great flexibility in the selection of support locations and allows to apply for different geometrical shapes / areas.
* The design / manufactures / installation process is completed in a very short interval due to the use of prefabricated components. It gives a big opportunity to the customer to start his production.
* Space frame systems are lighter than traditional steel and reinforced concrete structures. Therefore it provides significant economy in foundational costs.
* Space frame systems are the most useful structures for the earth-quake area due to their light unit weight.
* It is not necessary to cover by hung ceilings because of its aesthetic appearance.
* Additional structures to support the heating, ventilating, electrical and other systems are not required for the space frame structures.
* Because of the aesthetic attribute, space frames are very suitable for glass or polycarbonate skylights.
* It provides various alternative solutions in architectural areas for complex geometrical shapes (pyramid, triangle, dome, barrel, vault etc.).
The light and strong space structures are efficient and, most importantly, beautiful. Space frame structures provide an architecturally pleasing appearance. In multi layer structures, lights, air-conditioning ducts and other facilities can be kept inside the roof elements thus giving a clean appearance.
Pan Card Club - Madgaon Goa Toll Plaza Studio - Khopoli